Jim wrote:
[snip]
>the design of general purpose lenses.  Even so, the scanner resolution
can
>be calculated but I do not have the equations in front of me. I will try
>to find them.

That would be great!  Thanks!

>The main thing is to get a good sharp image on the film.

>From what David is saying, this may not be possible.  A different
test image will probably be necessary where the dominant "colour"
is not white.  I have a really good one I downloaded off the net
but I think I can't reproduce it for distribution.  I also may
not be able to get the PC with the recorder to *load* such a huge
file.  The PC doesn't have a lot of RAM.

All this *may* be irrelevent depending on the result from the
recorder.  In any case from my perspective what I was interested
in was a consistent image which was made without lenses that
can then be scanned to get an idea of film grain on different
film types.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com