David wrote:
>of them image 4096 pixels but there is a significant difference in
>sharpness, particularly edge sharpness, as you go up the line. The other
>thing film recorders are not particularly good at doing black on white
>particularly when the white is the majority of the image. The edges soften.

OK, that's useful info.  Still, I'll give it a try with several
different test images and see what happens.  The point is more
to have a consistent test image to work from than to have
something from which scientifically valid resolution tests can
be gleaned.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com