Hello,

I mainly scan negative films. I bought a Minolta Scan Dual II several weeks
ago. Its color from negative films is very poor. VueScan 6.2 is much better,
but still not perfect. After two weeks' tweaking and trying in Photoshop, I
was disappointed and returned it.

Then I did a test on my friend's Nikon LS-2000 with the same negatives, the
color is EXCELLENT. I think I have to spend more money for quality. :-(
After some research work, I decide to make a choice between these two
scanners. Most of the online reviews are about slide films, so they are not
very useful to me. I know SS4000's color from negatives were not as good as
LS-2000. But now, SS4000 is bundled with SilverFast Ai 5.0, which has a very
good reputation. Has any body compared the negatives color between
SS4000+SilverFast with LS- 2000? If they are similar, I might buy the SS4000
because of its extra DPI, because DPI is not just resolution, it also reduce
aliasing of film grain.

Thanks!