> I can't understand the practical usefulness of a concept like digital
> watermarking, which actually invites the stealing of your images
> because there's NO visible deterrent.

Not only that, it's reportedly fairly easy to render them illegible - and
hence useless - by going through a few resize/resample
iterations, according to a paper I read on the web. There are also
supposed to be cracking tools in circulation.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons