I'm new on this mailinglist but I hope I'll be present here for some time.
I'm a professional photographer (mainly stage photography, architecture, b&w
and colour), I ned a scanner for several reasons:
- scanning of negatives for reference before selling them to clients
- scanning of negs precious to me as a backup (that's most important)
- preparing digital portfolios on CD
- my internet gallery (being constructed now)
- retouching and ordering enlarged prints from a digital minilab or making
inkjet prints.
- being able to send a ready-made file to a publisher instead of a neg or a
print.
As you can see a film scanner is going to be one of my basic tools for the
next several years. That' s why I'm in need for thorough knowledge about
film scanner and scanning, Photoshop 5.0, Dmax, white and black point, 14
bit colour, etc. Is anybody eager to point to me some 'educational' sites on
the net or write something personally?
I would be grateful if somebody did.

Thank you

Tomasz Zakrzewski