Al wrote:
>and many LS-30 users have also had problems with "jaggies", apparently

>caused by the PC version of Nikonscan with Colour Management switched
>on.

Al, I think it's pretty well established that the jaggy problem is related
to the speed of scanning and the processing of data, not the Colour Management.
 Ed managed to eliminate the jaggies in Vuescan by reading a line at a time;
Nikonscan reads 64K at a time and apparently it's the pauses between reading
64K blocks that are causing the resonance that results in jaggies.  My guess
in your case was that switching on colour mangement increased the computer's
CPU overhead to the point that the actual scanning process was slowed down.

Anyway, I wanted to point out for the benefit of the person who was originally
asking about the Nikon that Vuescan eliminates jaggies in the LS30 - but
the downside is that although Vuescan has dust and scratch removal it *isn't*
"ICE" per se.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com