I had one. I sent it back for the SS4000. I may have had a bad unit, but
it crashed my Mac G3 every third time I tried to acquire the scanner's
software from within Photoshop. It seems to be memory hungry. My unit
sounded like a jack hammer when it scanned. It could have had an
internal problem. Non the less the scans where noisy--(grain). The
colors where vivid but blotchy. I could not get a good scan using the
different CMSs. It only worked well on the default settings. I have used
a leafscan 35, a polariod sprintscan 35, and an RFS 2035. I felt that
the scans from the 3600 left something lacking--detail. The edges of
objects in the scan seemed rough and blended together to much when you
zoom in on the image. However I was able to make some nice Epson 1200
prints from the scans. I think Kodak has some bugs to iron out with the
3600.

I have just set up the SS4000. I can't wait to compare the two.