Tim Atherton writes ...

> They are still working on a lot of the testing right now. What they
gave us
> was based on what testing they have done so far. A lot of the long
term
> aging stuff is still underway. What they had done was a lot of
testing for
> disaster recovery - flooding, fire etc.

    I began this thread with a conversation I had with a Plextor tech
support person, with respect to felt tip pens labelling totally blank
Cds.  I have no idea what insired him to pass on the possible fact
that a "sharpee" might cause problems with the data ... but the point
is we depend on Cds for archiving data.  If it turns out that 10years
down the road this person's speculation was indeed fact ... then I did
the right thing by subsequently adapting to putting an ID# in the
inside spindle area, only for keeping that CD in the corrrect jewel
case which properly ID'd the data .

shAf:o)