From: Arthur Entlich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: RE: cd storage
Date: Monday, December 11, 2000 3:07 AM

The adhesives in most CD label systems are no water soluble, so you
will
have a mess if you attempt to soak them off, since only the paper will
rub off, leaving gooey adhesive behind.

I have, on occasion, removed a label and repositioned or replaced it.
It takes careful even peeling.  Unfortunately, these days, the darn
labels cost more than the blank CD-Rs, which makes no sense at all, in
terms of cost of production.

In terms of what will most influence the longevity of these disks, I
don't think anyone really knows yet.  The products are all so new and
untested that it is anyone's guess.

Art