This is all very interesting.... as to the comment about why the manufacturers are
not pushing the film scanner market as much as they could... Rob's comment about
figuring we'll all be digital soon is probably close to the truth, but it seems to
me that we professional photographers and imaging types need to remind these
technodictators that they still haven't solved the archival problem as of yet, at
least from what I have been following on the CD thread... The more I see of the
new technologies (film and digital) the more I hark back to Paul Simon's
refrain... Mama, please don't take my Kodachrome away.... I am seriously thinking
of setting up my lab again with the goal of doing nothing but making color seps
from my color images onto archivally processed black and white film....

Mike Moore