Chris wrote:
>Surely longevity is the key word here and not pure capacity.
>As the amount of stored data increases we do not want to have to spend
>a bulk of our time copying all the library CDs onto the latest media,
>we want to be creating and storing the latest information/music/photos.

Er yes, but my point was (not elaborated very well) that with higher speed
and higher density archival storage, it's possible to copy data from lots
of CDRs to a lot less of some other medium - like DVD-RAM or some other
future medium.  It would be nice never to have to copy these things at all,
I agree.  I probably won't be around in 50 years time to worry about the
error rates on my CDRs anyhow.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com