-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rob Geraghty
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2000 5:34 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: filmscanners: infos on Nikon LS 2000 or Microtek 4000T

[stuff about photoshop speed snipped]

Out of interest, has anyone noticed whether the OS makes a difference - I
seem to recall that NT gives better memory management with PS so Win2K
should also?

The main question I wanted to ask was whether making a RAM disk and pointing
the PS "scratch disk" at it makes any difference?  It sounds like what's
needed is a way to try to fool PS into avoiding the hard drive.

Rob