Hi Frank,

It's seamless.  It's as if you have one big monitor. Most 32 bit Win
applications support dual monitors. I'm using a 21 inch for my main and a
13 inch for my tool pallets. I also run ACDSee on the 13 and drag
thumbnails onto the 21 inch to work on them in PS. In Dreamweaver I can put
all the tool pallets on the second monitor also. Makes it a much easier
work situation. Also, make sure your graphics tablet drivers supports dual
monitors. The older Wacom Artz II drivers didn't but the Intuos drivers do.
They work well with my older pad, which I prefer.
You go to your monitor settings, Right click on your Desktop / Properties /
Settings and enable the second monitor. Works like a charm. The card
automatically knows the positions of the monitors. All you have to do is
specify which is the default. If you go for a Matrox card you can e-mail me
with any questions and I'll try to help.

Larry

> > It's a new experience to run Photoshop on two monitors. Working on a full
> > screen image on one monitor and accessing the tool pallets from the other
> > monitor.

>I am very interested in this since I have a spare 17" monitor. Does the
>mouse move seemlessly back and forth between the two monitors, or do you
>have to invoke special Matrox hot keys and stuff like that to switch back
>and forth? I really haven't read about how this works. Do you have one
>seamless piece of real estate or can you actually confine dialogs and
>toolboxes on the alternate monitor with a full screen image on the main
>monitor?

Larry Berman

Web Sites for Artists: http://BermanGraphics.com
Fine Art Photography: http://BermanArt.com
Explore the Art Show Jury process from a web site:
http://ArtShowJury.com