I don't know why I didn't think of this before - purportedly the LS30 and
LS2000 are exactly the same hardware but with different BIOS chips.  If
this is so, could someone with an LS2000 do a test?  Set Nikonscan to 8
bit output instead of 16 bit output, make sure that ICE and colour management
are on and try a few scans with high contrast edges?  Unless I'm much mistaken,
this would effectively put the LS2000 into a mode very similar (but not
identical to) the LS30.  I want to see if the LS2000 gets jaggies in this
mode.  If the data transfer to the LS30 sets up a vibration in the hardware,
setting the LS2000 to similar output ought to create the same vibration.

Has anyone tried this?  If it does generate jaggies on the LS2000 it would
be nice corroboration of the issue to report to Nikon.

Rob

Rob Geraghty [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://wordweb.com