The experience I've had with Provia 100F in the U.S. Pacific Northwest,
where it is overcast 9 months out of the year, is that it is actually best
when overcast. If I take pictures of a forested scene that is hundreds of
feet away (e.g. a waterfalls with surrounding moss-covered cliffs) with a
blue sky (but no direct sunlight), there is a discouraging blue cast to the
whole scene. (I can fix most of this in the scanning process.) The colors
are much more realistic if the same scene is taken with an overcast sky.
Also, for closeups deep within the forest, even with a blue sky, colors are
great with no blue overcast. Does anyone have an explanation for this
behavior?

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]