This evening I've been scanning a roll of Provia 100F with Vuescan. I took
these photos yesterday - a bright summer morning in sub-tropical Queensland
Australia.  There are several photos with the sea in the
background, but the scanner just can't seem to see the subtle blue-green of
the shallower water.  There is a visible lighter tone in the water in the
scan, but it all looks blue.  Is turquoise a problem colour for scanners?
Maybe for the Nikons in particular?  If I can, I'll try one of the slides in
the SS4000 at work and see if there's a difference.  I tried Nikonscan
briefly as well, but there was no difference in the colours no matter how
much I tweaked the curves - it just wasn't seeing the turquoise.  Also, ICE
doesn't seem to like Provia 100F - the preview showed ugly patterning at the
edges which I believe is a sign of ICE failure.

The failure of ICE probably makes sense since all the other films which fail
are vey fine grained (like Kodachrome and Velvia).

I eventually improved the results on other slides in the same film by using
no colour adjustment (white balance and auto levels did ugly things),
Colourmatch RGB and higher brightness levels (about 1.4).
Colourmatch RGB restored the saturation which was being lost when using sRGB
or Adobe RGB.

Rob