shAf (me) wrote ...

>     I can't speak for the Polaroid, but the Nikon film strip holder
> hasn't changed since they introduced the LS-10 ... and it is my
> preference for the LS-2000 because it holds the film flatter than
the
> film strip feeder.

    I thought I'd pass on an additional personal observation.

    For those who may be considering either scanner and an ability to
batch scan at least all fromes on a 4-6 frame strip.  As I said above,
the strip holder holds each frame flatter, but the Nikon doesn't allow
for more than 1 frame at a time.  I don't have experience with the
Polaroid's film holder, but if it doesn't support the frame on all
fours edges, I'd suspect it's flatness too.  If this is critical (...
and anyone who wants to scan at 4000ppi should ...), then it is
something you should test before you buy.
    The other thing about a strip holder with Nikon's type of 4-sided
support, is that it presumes a fixed distance between frames.  I don't
know about others' cameras, but my FM2 and FE2 are not consistent
enough to not require each frame needing individual alignment.  I
therefore wonder about any film strip holder, or feeder, which
purports an ability to accurately batch scan, with film in accurate
focus, at 4000ppi.
    Test before you purchase ...

another US$0.02 ... shAf  :o)