Bob writes ...

> ..., I am a sound & image technology consultant by
> trade and so I cannot resist having the latest and
> greatest technology.  ...
>
> With the advent of the Nikon LS-40 (Coolscan IV) at it
> seems my LS-2000 has really got to lose value.
>

> Anyway,  it seems to me that my LS-2000 just dropped in
> value to somewhere around $600 but perhaps my
> 4000t (SS-4000) will hold its value a little
> better, maybe somewhere around $1,200.  Response would be
> appreciated.

        Everytime I make such a purchase I predict such innovations.  For
example, the SS4000 was available when I purchased my LS-2000 ...
anyone could have predicted Nikon would match the resolution, and with
the upper limit of available detail being ~6000ppi, you can also
predict subsequent improvements.

        You are in a unique position of needing to keep up ... I am not ...
most of are not. Your situation might beg for the possibility of
leasing or renting such equipment.

        Still, the LS-2000 has ICE capability ... I would believe this still
makes it more valuable than you suspect.  I wonder if Nikonscan v.3
with ICE^3 will be made available as a purchaseable upgrade for
LS-2000 scanners(?) ... or will it work with Firewire only?  This
software would make the LS-2000 more valuable.

shAf  :o)