Rob:

Yes the Fuji just paints light on the Fuji Crystal paper with a
laser. I guess I was just surprised at the quality of print available
at a local fast photo place for $6(8x10). On the other hand comparing
the two prints with eyeballs its hard to tell them apart with respect
to resolution. I was doing all my comparing with magnifying glasses.
I still see the big problem is quality control with the fast photo
processing places. The Fuji crystal paper still has to be developed
with chemicals and the scanning equipments calibration has to be
maintained. It makes me realize that as good as the current Epson
printers are, there is still room for significant improvement.

Ray