At 03:52 PM 06/21/02, Michael Edwards wrote:
 >     Yes, this is something else I had intended to ask about.  I believe
there
 >are three or four members of this list who produce plug-ins which might be
 >useful.  I'm not sure, but I think three of these people are Tobias Giesen,
 >Robert Patterson, and Jari Williamsson.  Am I right?

Yes.

 > How many of these
 >are
 >free, and how many are commercial programs?

At the moment, I think only TGTools is commercial. Jari's plugins and
Robert's plugins are freeware right now, although Jari is working on a set
of plugins called Forza which I think he will charge for once it's out of beta.

Jari maintains the canonical list, at http://www.finaletips.nu/?plugins.html

 >     Or would it be a good idea to use something like this for Windows, too?
 > As
 >I mentioned before, I don't especially like using the mouse, and would
ideally
 >like to do everything (or as much as possible) from the keyboard.  So would
 >something like QuickKeys be useful there, even in Windows?

I've never liked macro programs much myself, although many people love
them. TGTools does come with a keyboard remapper facility that lets you
assign custom hotkeys to menu items, which I do find very useful (I have my
function keys mapped to different Finale tools, for instance, which saves
me mousing up to the tool bar).

Aaron.