At 2:49 PM +0200 6/23/02, Johannes Gebauer wrote:
>On 23.06.2002 14:09 Uhr, David H. Bailey wrote
>
>>  I think the problem here is that if the staff names are different in the
>>  different scores you are combining, the staff assignments are lost when
>>  you combine.
>
>I don't think this is the problem either, since both the source and the
>target have been created from the same template.
>
>I have never ever been able to copy from one doc to another while preserving
>score expression staff assignments. Has anyone? I was under the impression
>this simply wouldn't work.
>
>Johannes

That's right. It is either a bug or a feature. Staff list assignments
are not transportable, never have been, and it seems to be one of the
only things that aren't.

Weirdly, half the chord symbol font IS transportable, while the other
half isn't. So when I copy a passage using a different chord symbol
font, the letter is in the target document font, while the suffix
stays in the source document font. I can go through and delete the
bad suffixes, clicking on "replace" when I get the dialogue box, but
this can be a long process with comples jazz tunes.