Johannes Gebauer wrote:

> I have never ever been able to copy from one doc to another while preserving
> score expression staff assignments. Has anyone? I was under the impression
> this simply wouldn't work.

No, I haven't been able to either - I seem to remember there used to be a
version of Finale a little way back where it all of a sudden did work - but
for some years now I have never been able to preserve the staff assignments
when copying into another document - but as said before Tobias' plug-in that
makes note assigned expressions out of measure assigned ones is a big help
and really doesn't take much time away from your copying process.

Thomas Schaller