Johannes Gebauer wrote:
> (checking Tie End has no effect, and the
> next time I call the dialog the checkmark has disappeared.

Tie Ends are simply not the answer for 2nd endings (or codas) and they
never have been. A tie end only appears at the beginning of a system.
Those who suggest using them for 2nd endings are misconstruing Finale's
purpose for them, which is (and *only* is) to be a continuation for a
tie across a system break.

The only reliable solution is a shape expression. Some users may object
that this shouldn't be necessary, but I say such objections are
pointless. Shape expressions work very well for the purpose, and tie
ends do not. Accept it and move on. With such a simple solution in
place, I for one hope Coda won't spend any further development time on it.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com