You're right that was the main point, but being able to type them directly
into the score rather than going through all that bothersome tool-switching
and dialog-navigating is also a boon.

The really neat thing, however, is that the same "pizz" entry selects the
proper samples for the 1st violins and the cellos just by what staff it's
on. You don't need to have different expressions defined for each. Try that
in Finale!

Richard Walker
Yokohama, Japan