On 9 Jul 2002, at 13:56, Robert Patterson wrote:

> Eventually the Finale user figures out that s/he can assign metatools to the
> most common expressions. Metatools are far more efficient than typing in (or
> pointing and clicking). Thus while Finale clearly (in this intance) takes longer
> to learn on the front end, it may be much faster once you understand about
> metatools.

But who would waste a metatool on pizzicato/arco, when you'd need 1 pizz
and an arco for each of the string patches you had in use (assuming they
aren't all orchestral)?

There simply aren't enough numbers on the keyboard to make metatools work
for this kind of thing.

In any event, I use metatools for dynamics/articulations, not for tempo
markings or the like, and for that, there's not much advantage to the
"type into score" method, especially for articulations, which are self-
positioning (do expressions offer default positioning control in recent
versions of Finale?).

--
David W. Fenton                         |        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates                 |        http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc