On 26 Sep 2002 at 8:14, Phil Daley wrote:

> At 09/23/2002 04:54 AM, Mr. Liudas Motekaitis wrote:
>
>  >Yes. Don't buy new keyboards. Older keyboards had two features which make
>  >them more attractive to me (and you can get adapters for the cable
>  >connection).
>
> However, new keyboards have some useful keys, like sleep, wake up and power
> down.

Hah! I consider those to be completely worthless! I've never found a
single Windows PC of any brand on which the hibernate functions
worked reliably, and I never turn off my PC in the first place.

> However, I wish the power down key wasn't right next to the wake up key ;-)

I wish the keys that are on a standard 102-key keyboard would be left
in their exact standard positions and the additional keys simply put
somewhere else. The keyboard I'm typing this on presently has 6 key
caps pulled off so that I don't accidentally press the keys I don't
need, the ones that have been moved into the positions formerly
occupied by other keys. On this keyboard the Sleep/Wake Up/Power keys
were put where the Scroll Lock/Print Screen/Break keys normally would
be, and those last three keys were put where the Insert/Home/PageUp
keys normally would be, which bumped those keys down where the
Delete/End/PageDown keys should be, which keys were stuck in the
empty space above the arrow keys. After weeks of hitting the Scroll
Lock instead of Home, I pulled the key caps off, and now get along
just fine.

And the keyboard doesn't work with my Belkin KVM switch, so I really
have to replace it, in any case. Sigh.

--
David W. Fenton                 |       http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
David Fenton Associates         |       http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc