At 2:07 PM 09/26/02, David W. Fenton wrote:

>From the response to my comment, it's clear that some people who had
>been keeping up-to-date with Finale versions (unlike me, who got off
>the bandwagon when the WinFin98 copy protection came out) did not
>know about this great fix to a long-standing problem with voice 2.

That includes me.  I honestly can't recall ever trying to put articulations
on separate notes in a voice 1&2 situation.  If I've got separate parts
I'll generally use layers.  If it's a single part that divides, I wouldn't
expect the notes to be articulated differently. If there ever was such an
occasion when I did need an articulation (maybe an arpeggio sign?) I
probably didn't care which note I attached it to. Possibly this is because
of the type of music I set (overwhelmingly vocal and piano-vocal).

mdl