I am confused by your statement that "there is only one ledger line
between each pair of staves..."  How can that be between the 15va treble
and the treble?  The ledger line above the treble clef would be an A,
which can't be the ledger line below the 15va treble.  There would have
to be two ledger lines between those two staves.

Similarly between the bass and 15va bass clefs -- the first ledger line
below the bass clef is E, so there would be needed an additional ledger
line to represent the C which would be right above the 15va bass clef.

Or am I misunderstanding something?

Urs Liska wrote:
[snip]
> As a piano player in contemporary "classical" music I am often confronted
> with  "15va treble clefs".
> I often see (and  I would even say that this use has become a conventional
> notation) the piano part notated with four staves, using the following clefs
> (top to bottom): "15va treble", treble, bass, "15va bass".
> This system provides the total range of the piano without additional
> octava-signs and nearly without ledger lines. There is only one ledger line
> between each pair of staves as one is used to with the c' in traditional
> piano notation.
> It takes a little time to get used to it, but it proves to be very effective
> because you have a very consequent representation of "high" and "low" over
> the whole range of the keyboard.
>
> Regards
> Urs Liska

David H. Bailey