Thanks for your 2 messages.

I had been trying to get Finale to interpret chords from the piano part of a
midi big band file. This is, or rather I hoped, easier than working them out
laboriously oneself.

I have, incidentally just got my upgrade of Band in a Box v.11 from v.8 for
Mac. This now has a chord analyser and it  comes up with far better
suggestions for chords than Finale and this by looking at the full Midi
score as far as I can determine.

If PG Music can do it, why canšt Coda?

Marcus