Many of Strauss' works are still in copyright. I don't know when he wrote the horn concertos, though. Under U.S. law, if he published them before 1923, they would be in the public domain. Of course, since you live in Oz, you would need to search the Australian Copyright Office's records to see if they were still in copyright.

I don't know if it is still print, but my band has an arrangement of the first movement of a Haydn horn concerto, which was published by Kendor. It is a good arrangement.

helgesen wrote:
Any of you hornists- (or others) know if the Strauss Horn Concerto (#1) in
Eb Opus 11. is arranged for Concert Band? (Good arrg't please!) If so, where
do I get it? If not- how would I be with copyright in arranging it myself?

I have a top class Hornist who is fed up with Trom, Sax and Trumpet features
in our programmes!

Regards, Keith in OZ.

.

--