or questions about odd things. I was working on a piece from a template created several versions ago, but which I have updated at each upgrade. I was trying to enter chords where there are no notes (why can't we attach chords to slash notation? Yes, I've submitted that suggestion to Coda!), and the manual says something like select staff styles for layer 4, and apply blank notation. Well, there was no such option in the staff styles dialog; applying blank notation blanked out all layers. I called up a new template, copied the music, and lo & behold, I was able to apply a staff style to layer 4 as directed.

So far so good -- mostly. I noticed that the music was smaller in my new version. I've checked the percentage -- staff & document for each file was at 100%. I checked the default font -- both were Jazz at 24. Any idea why the staff sizes would be different? Raising the new copy staff to 115% just about matches the size on the original.

Thanks for any ideas!

Giz