I *know* this is going to be a "V-8 moment" (smack forehead when you remember the
obvious), but I have to ask anyway.

I'm writing orchestration for church musicians, so the percussion parts are
necessarily condensed.  A specific example would be to have a part with bells and
chimes together, and another with timpani and suspended cymbal.  (You may have the
entire piece with just bells, and then at the end, have 8 measures of chimes; or have
a cymbal roll toward the end of a piece, and it's just easier to ask the timpanist to
do it.)

In any event, how does one record this in Finale such that the correct instruments are
assigned for playback?

TIA for the multiple quick replies.

Scott Green
Baton Rouge, LA