For testing purposes, I run as many as 5 different versions of Finale on my Mac, not
to mention the same number of Win versions under Virtual PC (also on my Mac), so I can
speak to this issue.

The same Patterson Plug-Ins preferences work for all versions of Finale (and--barring
program bugs--all versions of Patterson Plug-Ins), and they must reside in the
System:Preferences folder where you found them. The main caveat is that you can only
run one version of Finale at a time. TGTools appears to have the same behavior, but
Tobias could verify this.

It is an annoying property of Finale that each version does not have its own app. id.
As a result, double clicking a document launches the version of Finale that has the
latest date. For some reason your Fin2002 must have a later date than your Fin2003. I
work around this problem by having an alias to each finale version on my desktop. I
first launch the version I want. Then when I double-click the doc, the currently
running version opens it.

--
Robert Patterson

http://www.robertgpatterson.com