>Does anyone know of a font that includes a breve diamond notehead? (ie a
>diamond hugged by 2 short vertical lines either side)
>
>Dorothy Ker

Interesting request.  I've never come across that combination in either
historical use or modern use.  Historically the breve was notated as a
simple square note, black through the 14th century, becoming white
(outlined) during the 15th.  Flanking an oval semibreve (modern whole note)
with little vertical lines is a modern convention for a breve (double whole
note) value.  Never have I seen both a diamond note AND the little lines.

John

John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music
Blacksburg, Virginia, U.S.A. 24061-0240