Hi, Jim -- do I understand you correctly: that you would "naturalize" the outgoing key signature in addition to the new key signature? That is, going from Bb to G you'd naturalize the Bb & Eb and put F#?

I'm not trying to be argumentative -- just trying to get a professional opinion on common practice! Some of the other posts here suggest that using courtesy accidentals in this fashion might be passe.

For my part, I'm very comfortable reading the new key change without courtesy accidentals. I do like courtesy accidentals for notes, and I like to see them in parens.

What's your "house style" here?

Thanks!

Giz