On 13 Jun 2003 at 12:06, Rick & Kathy Neiman wrote:

> At 08:56 AM 6/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
> >Subject: Re: [Finale] TAN: SPAM
> >To: Finale 3 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >on 6/13/03 8:44 AM, Michael Edwards wrote:
> >
> > > [Jari Williamsson:]

> I downloaded SpanAssassin.  I noted that it said it works with a lot of
> mail programs, I use Eudora, but that it works best with a program called
> "bloomba".  Do you use both of these or just SpamAssassin?

Well, I think the only reason BLOOMBA gets into the mix is because
it's the first match in Google. Until Googling on SAProxy, I'd never
heard of BLOOMBA.

There is nothing about SAProxy that works better with any one email
program other than another.

The documentation that comes with SAProxy gives very clear
instructions for configuring all the popular Windows email clients to
use it (Eudora, Netscape, Outlook, Outlook Express, Pegasus), as well
as generalized instructions that work with any email program. This is
all it boils down to:

1. run the installation.

2. configure your email account so that instead of having
pop3.myISP.com as the pop server, you use 127.0.0.1 (which is the IP
number of localhost, or the PC where you're running your email
client) and change the user name from MyName to
MyName:pop3.myISP.com.

3. configure your email reader to filter incoming messages according
to the headers that SAProxy inserts. Some mail readers support only
subject heading filtering, others support more elaborate filtering.
For the former, you can filter on "*****SPAM*****" in the subject,
and for the latter, for "X-Spam-Flag: YES" in the headers.

It's that simple.