Title: Re: [Finale] OT: Songs for intervals
For major 7th I usually use Bali Hai  (from South Pacific) - which goes up the octave then down a semi-tone - not ideal but is better than nothing.

Hmm. yes.

Actually two other pieces that do that (Up an octave and back one) are Immigrant Song by Led Zepplin and the Maxwell Smart theme.

For the minor 6th I use "Go Down Moses" - (the bit that goes "When Israel was in Egypt's land").

Fantastic. Though I bet my students will remember it better as "When Cameron was in Egypt's Land"!  :-)

--

David Stonestreet - Coming to you from Sydney Australia.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Fleeing from the Cylon tyranny, the last Battlestar, Galactica, leads a ragtag, fugitive fleet, on a lonely quest, for a shining planet known as Earth."