RockyRoad wrote:

> You're the second person who has said M7 for Maria. Getting me
> worried. I'd swear it was a tritone.

No need to worry David. I agree with you - the opening notes ARE a Tritone.

Can you fill me in as to how you apply this song association business?  I never
heard of it or used it before and I can't picture it in use.  If you're asked to
sing a given interval then I can see it *might* be useful, but it's surely just
as easy/quick to run through a scale in your head and add/subtract semitones if
needed.  If you're asked to name an interval played on a piano I can't see how
the song association would help you at all.

The bare m6 interval always sounds minor to me at first, as though I'm imagining
an F bass when I hear a C & Ab.  That interval always sounds to me like the 2
opening notes of the sad music they used to play in silent movies.  Or perhaps
something Russian, or Gypsy violins?  But think about it over an Eb bass and it
becomes major - Ab/Eb.  Put it over a D bass and it becomes D7dim.  How does
song association help?

Regards
Peter