Speaking to one side of this issue, but possibly a consideration being
weighed by the pubs that don't offer supplemntal parts, as a
composer-arranger of the band piece, I'd probably be more concerned about
the decisions the director made as to what he doubled, what he grouped, in
that the piece is going to be credited to me but would be very unlike my
arranging decisions, with no disclaimer made from the stage or in the
program (I would presume). And frankly it might sound like tonal pasture
patties.

For what interest it may be to know, supplemental parts are routinely
included in the evangelical Christian anthem-orchestration market, where
publishers include parts for saxophones, treble-clef baritones, string
reductions (for use by synth players) and other instruments that are not
usually used in the anthem demo's recording orchestra for which the
orchestration was written. These are prepared by staff in
post-production/pre-publication, not by the original arranger.

--Richard