At 9:37 AM 09/18/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>I know this has been discussed before, but I'm still trying figure out
>whether to use a page reduction (76%?) or staff reduction for my
>piano-vocal scores.

I think the conventional wisdom is that staff reduction is now easier.
Personally, I stick with page reduction because I've been doing it that way
for almost a decade and I'm used to it.

I'm curious why you'd pick 76% instead of 75%. They're so close that one
will hardly notice the difference for looking at it, but 75% makes all the
math much more tidy.  I like that my actual-size staff is exactly a quarter
inch tall, for instance.  Most of my layout math is internal to itself, but
occasionally I'm thinking in terms of inches on the page, and it's just
easier to figure when I'm in a percentage that represents some simple
ratio.

mdl