Well, at least MIDI will have to adapt itself to the wireless tendency.
IMO we need a 2.0 version.
And I agree with what Tim Thompson said in his answer.

And there must be a way to ensure backward compatibility (USB 2.0 can
transmit USB 1.1, and Firewire 800 can transmit FW 400).

I am not good predicting the far future, but in the near future what I am
going to do is sleeeeeep!

Good night, chicos y chicas.