At 2:04 AM +0000 9/27/03, Robert Patterson Finale wrote:

I'm hoping someone else on this list uses custom lines, and will help me disabuse our friends at Coda of the notion that I'm the only one who cares whether custom line text remains visible irrespective of spacing (at least optionally).

And if you haven't discovered the CLT, you have a whole new chapter ahead of you.

I agree with you about the Custom Line Tool, that it is more powerful than it appears, and I use it for all kinds of things as well. But I wouldn't want to lose the option of having text disappear when the line gets too short, as this is desirable for glisses. Maybe a check box (urg, not another one!) in the edit line window?

I also wish there was room for more than three text placements. Three (left, centre, and right) gives you a splendid "cre---scen---do" that stretches very nicely, but you DON'T get "Ri---tar---dan---do" nor rallentando because that would require four text placements instead of three. D'oh!