From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of
Keef
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2003 8:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Finale] Please have a look

Hi, gang.

Please critique this pdf, a piano score (albeit a strange one).  All
serious responses are welcomed and encouraged -- general impressions are
welcome as well.  It is my best candidate for "modern" piano score, even
if the music is nearly 100 years old.  Please note this is a total
knockoff, about four hours worth of my work (only two mugs of coffee),
intended as a break from the score I'm working on so my eyes won't go
completely buggy.  The biggest slowdown was Finale's weird habit of
simplifying syncopations (any method of completely turning this off?)
I don't consider it perfect --- the ties need help, please advise as to
how you would go about resetting these --  however I do consider it
about 85%-95% correct.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze22zdy/alcotts.pdf

or if you have trouble accessing it from there, try the link at:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze22zdy/index.html

1.  Is it in the realm of publishable?   Does it say "professional" or
"wannabe" (be serious please)?  Is this remotely impressive?   What's
your initial reaction when the score pops up and you actually see what
piece it is?

2.  What would you do differently, and how would you go about changing
it from this form (please give numerical numbers when talking about
resizing if you can -- i.e.  this looks like it might want to shift a
XXX EVPUs, or this might want to be resized to XXX%)?  Since most of
this piece is unmetered, and consequently there are no measure numbers,
please let me know which line you mean if you get specific, i.e, p.2/3
or what a close marking is (and there's quite a few absolutely weird
ones that only occur once or twice).   Oh yes ... the weird note
spellings are as written -- respelling isn't an issue.  That's been
scrubbed to *death* considering the nature of this score.  All voicings,
cross staffs, beaming, directions, marking placings, etc. are as the
composer intended, with the exception of two accent marks.

3.  What do you think this would show were I to include it in a
portfolio?   What value would seeing  it have to you were you
considering employing me?   Is it "too out"?  Is it "just out enough"?
Does it demonstrate that I like a good challenge?

Thanks in advance.
Keef.