On Sunday, November 23, 2003, at 05:49 AM, Christopher BJ Smith wrote:

It's the old "The razor's free but the blades cost money" philosophy that made Gillette wealthy. You have to pay for the songs you download to listen to with iTunes, but iTunes itself is free.

Eh? I have a ton of my own music I digitised myself that plays perfectly well in iTunes, not to mention CD rips from my collection. To extend your analogy, it's as if Gillette gave you the option to use your own razor blades in its free razor.

What really bugs me though is having to pay extra taxes for CDs when putting my own music (and or data) on them. And then the insult of watching said monies being squandered on the likes of Radwanski.

Philip Aker
http://www.aker.ca