Yes, this is a piano piece. Sorry, I should have specified this. The trouble with reducing them is that they aren't very legible. But leaving them full size makes them looked cramped, because the grace notes occupy less space than normal notes. Another problem comes from the fact I don't know yet exactly what size the final print-out will be. But I guess it's safer not to reduce them. Thanks for your reply.

Dennis

I have had a similar problem with the size of articulations on grace notes. I found the best-looking results came when I reduced the articulations to 75% of full size (the grace-note itself being 50% the size of a regular note). This compromise, where the attached item is reduced, but not as much as the note itself, works nicely from a graphic standpoint, and is clearly legible to the player.

--
Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press

http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/