I typed the second paragraph and then I realized you may be speaking of a piano piece -- my first impression from your message was a piece for woodwind or brass instrument where you wanted special fingerings. For piano music, the basic idea is still valid -- reduce them ONLY if they can still be easily and clearly read. Otherwise leave them full size.

If it is a work for woodwind or brass, the fingerings should be reduced ONLY if they can still be clearly read -- otherwise you might consider adding an extra system before the first real system, to give the fingerings you want. Or create a separate document to serve as a frontispiece for the printed version, that would include the notes and the fingerings you want.

d. collins wrote:

I'm doing a piece with fingerings on grace notes. Should the fingerings be reduced in size in the same proportion over these grace notes, or should they remain "normal"?

Thanks,

Dennis

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]