Hi,

Can someone tell me about your standard practice in giving away Finale
files? I have been working for someone to produce publishable material,
which he publishes in his own small publishing firm. For this purpose I have
always sent him PDFs, which worked just fine.
Now he has agreed to publish a few pieces with another, larger, publisher. I
have just been on the phone to the publisher who says they want the Finale
files, as they need to be able to change things later.
While I would have had little problem giving away Finale files based on
publisher's templates, I hesitate to give away files which I prepared with
one of my very own set of settings. The guy from the publisher seemed very
surprised when I said that such Finale files do not usually leave my office.

What is standard practice? The situation is somewhat complicated as I
started the work before knowing anything of the other publisher. I am under
contract with the composer, not the publisher.

I am tempted to just reformat everything with Finale's standard template's
settings and let them do the work.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com