Bob Florence writes:

Hi all:

I have a score completed for 6 saxophones, 5 trumpets, 4 trombones,
drums, piano, guitar and bass. It is in the key of C minor. After
looking it over, I think it would be less difficult if there were no key
signature. What would be the easiest way to make this change?
I am using Mac Finale 2003a.

Dear Bob,

First select the signature tool, go to Trombone 1 and click the first bar. Change the signature to no sharps or flats and check the item below that says "Hold to original pitches" and select "chromatically." Then select the Staff Tool and go to each of the transposing parts and click "Select" next to "Transposition." In the dialog box, choose the button marked "Chromatic." That should do it.

Best,

Hal
--
Harold Owen