On Tuesday, December 16, 2003, at 11:46 AM, Bob Florence wrote:

I have a score completed for 6 saxophones, 5 trumpets, 4 trombones,
drums, piano, guitar and bass. It is in the key of C minor. After
looking it over, I think it would be less difficult if there were no key
signature. What would be the easiest way to make this change?
I am using Mac Finale 2003a.

Try this. In the Key Signature Tool, select:

- C Major
- Measure 1 through end of piece
- Hold notes to original pitches (enharmonically)

I believe that should do the trick. For the latter, I think in this case you'll get the same result whether you choose enharmonically or chromatically, but if you don't like one you can try the other.

If you don't use Automatic Music Spacing, be sure to respace the whole piece to accommodate all the new accidentals.

mdl