Title: Re: [Finale] Merged syllable question and Printer
At 1:58 PM -0500 12/18/03, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
In a message dated 18/12/2003 18:53:50 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
know that "Glo-ster" ("Glouchestershire") is in a song. Anyone know
a song with "Bal-muh" ("Baltimore") in it? No need for apostrophes
there.

No, sorry, Gloucester (pronouned "Gloster") is the town ; Gloucestershire (pronounced "Glostershire") is the county.

Anyway, what I'm really writing about -

Up to now I've used my inkjet printer for printing music but would like to move up a notch.  The main problem being that with the inkjet, if water gets onto the page the ink runs, (something which is almost inevitable when printing music for brass instruments!)

What are the advantages of a Laser printer (or any other kind if it comes to that) over an inkjet?

"Doctor Foster went to Gloucester" was the old rhyme, alerting me to the silent syllable.

I changed five years ago to a laser printer after realizing that I had bought the equivelant of one already in ink jet cartridges. Faster, more durable machine, more durable print, better resolution (at the time, maybe modern inkjets are almost the equivelant), can print beautifully on any paper expensive or cheap, and the laser I bought has Postscript capability, which means my embedded EPS graphics in my school handouts print correctly. For the quantity I print (considerable) it works out to be cheaper per page than inkjet.

I bought a refurbished HP LaserJet 4 with an Ethernet card for a very resonable price (big and slow, but plenty for me), and it is going strong several boxes of parts and scores and only one cartridge change later. I never looked back. Do it.

Chrisotpher